It’s officially summer! That means hot days, trips to the beach, travel, and….less business? Yes, with the heat wave often comes a slimmer work schedule due to clients and vendors being on vacation or just cutting back their hours…so what is a small-business owner to do? Here are 5 tips for turning the summer slack into an opportunity to be proactive:
- Dive Into Social Media – You’ve been circling around the idea of using blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. to further your customer reach, now is the time. Use the summer months to figure out which platform is right for your business and begin to immerse yourself.
- Use BBQs and Parties to Network – Attend as many social events as you can, especially the ones that include people outside your immediate family. You can also check out what’s going on in your community; remember to always have your business cards and/or phone handy to follow-up with any leads.
- Get Your Website in Shipshape – Many of the companies that reach out to 341 are looking to update (or launch) a website, and it can make a world of difference.
- Get Organized – Summer is the perfect time to de-clutter your office space. If you’re like most, you have a stack of businesses cards from past networking events (or maybe all those BBQs!) that need to be entered into a database so you can keep on top of your contacts.
- Brainstorm Future Projects – Take advantage of quiet moments to sit down and create a to-do list for your business and come up with a game plan for the busy months ahead.