Even though we just celebrated Labor Day, when one is supposed to abstain from working and focus on honoring the economic and social contribution of workers, survey says you were still on your smartphone checking emails, tweeting, and posting vacation pics on Facebook. Let’s face it, social media provides instant gratification and has become a go-to resource for information and communication that is hard to ignore. Which is exactly why your business needs to be on top of social media. Here are 7 tips to help you build a social media content strategy:
- Create content calendar. We can’t emphasize enough how important organization is when it comes to managing your social media. By planning your posts, and reading feedback, you can focus on the needs of your subscribers, fans and followers rather then bouncing day to day without direction.
- Create a video where you answer your potential clients frequently asked questions. Keep it to around 2-3 minutes and make sure the audio and visuals are high quality. Also, offer weekly tips through video posts. We recommend creating a business YouTube channel to store/organize your videos.
- Post article links on current events and comment on how it relates to you and/or your clients. Discuss highlights and share insights from recent industry events you have attended.
- Record testimonials from your best clients and post them to your blog, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages as a way to boost credibility.
- Ask via your social networks what the needs of your audience are and do this consistently. It’s an easy way to stay topical and let your followers know you care about their interests.
- Promote company news including changes, events, updates, promotions, new hires, etc. to allow the community to feel connected to your brand.
- Share pictures as often as possible. If there is an event or conference you attend, post the pictures to your social sites and a few sentences about it.
Successful management of your social media entails having a plan. Share your tips with us. And if you want more ideas, join us at our first Fresh Intelligence Roundtable of the season on Friday, September 21 at 8:00 am in Darien where our topic will be “Managing Social Media”.